Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And the animal menagerie grows...

So I new it was going to happen, we planned to expand our small flock of quail and we finally had a good hatching this week. We started with 30 eggs, quite a few were infertile, a few stopped early on and a few just never made it out of the egg.
 
But of the 13 that hatched we have 11 healthy little ones. 4 yellow and 7 brown. They are the cutest little things and they make the sweetest noises.  Their first day out of the incubator and they didn't do a whole lot. Small, still somewhat damp but drying off.


The next morning they were all huddled together in a little fluffy pile. I couldn't resist taking more pictures of them while I worked.
This evening they were really raring to go. Pecking and chirping, climbing all over each other.

This is my company while I work.


No comments:

Post a Comment