Saturday, April 2, 2011

Now I know why I love it here...

It was the end of March and I was going to spend the afternoon with the kids on the beach. Yes, you heard that right, the beach. No I wasn't still in Florida, I was home. The weather was supposed to be warm and sunny, it ended up at almost 21'C, lovely!

So the kids and the dog and I headed down to Cedar by the sea, about a 20 minute drive from home. It's our favorite crab looking location, flipping giant rocks (the next one bigger then the last) looking for those tiny little crabs. We packed a lunch and Ronan was intent on eating as soon as we arrived.









The dog was just happy to check things out.
Athena was intent on building sandcastles, one after another.









Then we were on to looking for the famed crabs!











Then we were off down the beach!
Stairs to nowhere
Waterfall (ignore culvert at top)


Dog wanted to swim
Kids headed out into the water

Athena loves the timer on the camera.
All in all we had a good day, sunshine was warm, crabs were available and we had the whole beach to ourselves. What more can you ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment