Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Moving is a pain, moving cross country, bigger pain

So I started this blog, mostly just for friends and family to be updated with our latest going's on, but eventually to track our progress to become more self-sufficiant. Eventually I'd like for us to be able to produce most of our own food (although I'm not prepared any time soon to start grinding flour). I've never been much of a writer, but I'm going to do my best. I'll try to post lots of pictures of our progress as things move along. Although now that I think about it, I should probably stop borrowing Athena's camera and replace my own.

It's the middle of October and we're halfway packed. We've lined up a place to live, our cable/internet/phone hookup is scheduled and we've reserved a moving van. Today I find out that I can't just move the car insurance, but that I have to cancel ALL of our insurance and re-set it up under BC insurance, just what I needed to hear.

It's enough that we have to move 2 adults, 2 children, 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 finch, 8 or so quail, 9 chickens, and a few geckos 1200 km. Then we have 2 days before I fly back to cowtown so that I can connect to my fly to pittsburgh for a 3 day doll convention (woo hoo!) and then fly back to Nanaimo in order to be back in time for Pat to start work on the 1st. Talk about crazy.

10 days and counting. At least I've got a fabulous friends wedding to attend next weekend. It should be a blast!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Island Wise name;)
    Well... girl on a new adventure... I'm sure everything will come together but of course not without speeding up your heart rate;) Great idea to do a blog!! It's great to hear how things are going and to be able to see too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excitement is buzzing ... though I'll miss you guys :( Happy to follow the Wise Islanders!! Talk soon!

    xo

    ReplyDelete