Monday, January 23, 2012

Can I think about spring now?

Ok, so my seeds arrived in the mail last week and I'm already thinking about what and where I'm going to start planting. New on the agenda this year are Tomatillos, Artichokes, cauliflower and drying beans. Tomato's are going to get started first. I've picked a spot in the kitchen to start our seedlings and I'm hoping I can get a good healthy crop in. Hubby has been hard at work getting the area we tried planting potatoes in ready for some real planting. He has put in a frame so we can build up the soil before planting season.

We've gotten a good start on pruning the fruit trees but still have more to prune. So many changes this year so far, it's kept us quite busy.

This year we hope to grow enough produce that we will actually have enough that we can sell it at the Cedar Farmers market. Last year was my first year selling there and although all I had was Quail eggs, it was a start. The market was a great learning experience, giving me the opportunity to see what sort of crops I can hope to start growing myself. A great group of people as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment